Termux for PC is an excellent application capable of combining the powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection on smartphones. The Termux app creates a Linux OS terminal environment on your android device, and you can run almost all the Linux terminal commands on it. The Termux app is known for its fantastic customization feature that provides users with installation options via the Debian-Ubuntu GNU management system.
If you’re looking for a workaround to emulate the Linux OS and use terminal commands on your android smartphone, then Termux is probably the best option at the moment. The main purpose of the Termux app is just to emulate the Linux OS terminal on smartphones only. You cannot install it on your PC for using Linux commands. It’s because the app was designed to work on the Android platform only, but there is still a way to get the Termux for PC.
Table of Contents
Termux App On PC Features
Although the Termux app is aimed towards operating on android systems only, it can still be installed on other platforms such as Windows or Mac using an Android Emulator. Most of the Linux OS terminal features are available in the Termux app as well; you can use them for various purposes for free. You will be able to execute the following commands in the Termux app for PC after installation.
- Unrestricted access to bash and ssh shells in the Termux app.
- Users can edit files with nano and vim within the Termux app itself.
- The app provides you full access to the servers over the SSH client.
- You can also use the python console as a pocket calculator using the Termux app.
- Termux app allows users to install any package using the apt package manager.
- Ability to run text-based games with the help of frotz and much more.
There are plenty of options provided in the Termux app; you just have to long-press anywhere in the Termux application to open the help section to know more about the features and how to use it. Coming to the topic, if you would like to install the Termux for PC, you’re at the right place.
How To Install Termux App for PC
As stated earlier, the Termux app can be easily installed on basically any Windows or Mac system with the help of an emulator such as Bluestacks or Nox Player. Make sure you have the following requirements for the emulator to install and run smoothly on your PC. Qooapp download
- Minimum 2 GB of RAM is required for the emulator to function.
- Minimum 4 GB of Free Storage space should be available on your PC.
- Mac OS or Windows XP and higher versions.
You may now go ahead and follow these steps to install the emulator on your PC.
- Download the Nox Player Android Emulator from the official site here.
- Select the emulator file and run it as Admin to begin the installation.
- Choose a destination folder for the emulator and grant the required permissions.
- Now you just have to wait for a few minutes for the emulator to finish installing.
- Launch the emulator and sign in with your Google account or create a new one if you wish.
It’s required to sign in with a Google account in the emulator to utilize the Play Services. Otherwise, certain features or apps may not work properly on your PC. Related: Popcorn Time Apk Download for Android and iOS
Install Termux for Windows
You can directly install the Termux App on your Emulator by going into the Google Play Store. In case, if you’re unable to do so, then follow these steps to install the Termux app manually.
- Firstly, download the Termux App in the Apk file format on your PC using the link.
- Once the download is complete, locate the Apk file in your “Downloads” folder to proceed.
- Select the Apk file, drag, and drop it in the Nox Player emulator window to begin the process.
- The Emulator will automatically detect the Apk file as soon as you drop it in the emulator window.
- Just wait for a couple for minutes for the app to be installed, after that, you may start using it,
Again, installing the Termux for windows on your Emulator directly from the Google Play Store is the best way. However, if you would like to save yourself from the trouble of signing in, then try the steps mentioned above.
There are not many apps that can perfectly emulate Linux OS Terminal on a different platform. Out of all the options available, Termux is probably the closest you’ll ever get on a smartphone or PC. The native version of Termux for PC users isn’t out yet. Hence, you will have to rely on an android emulator for installing the Termux app on your PC. Let us know in the comments if you have got something to ask or face any issues in the installation.